Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ah, Is That Spring Weather I Feel? You Know What That Means!


Want to un-clutter your life? I sure do.

How about a bit of SPRING CLEANING.

Surprisingly un-cluttering really helps you feel more at ease. I was shocked to find this out after I have spent the last week re-arranging my room. I have always been a very messy person with (according to my parents) to many items of clothing as well as shoes to go along with them. I kind of consider myself kind of a hoarder when it comes to clothes and shoes. Even if I do not like the item I feel like I need it, just in case one day it is a do or die situation and thank god I kept that discussing t-shit that says SUCURITY on the front, I would have been dead with out it.

Anyway, my point is I am constantly trying to make room for more things. I have always had ginormous piles all over my room of just crap.

My shoes have always been scattered all over my closet floor. My hats, scarves and belts have always been draped over my light to the point you cant even tell it’s a light any more. I decided that I would display my prized possessions …my shoes and hats … and keep my piles out of sight in the closet. This change has made such a difference in my opinion. Its way easier to get ready in the morning now, I can just grab what ever I need and book it before I’m late to my first class.



The next thing I think I want is to install is a rotating closet with a computer to pick out my outfits, just like in the opening scene of Clueless. Ah to be young and rich with a credit card, if only my life was exactly like Cher Horowitz. (Of course, with out the part about falling in love with your stepbrother, um am I the only one who happened to find that incestual and gross?)


Well a girl can dream at least.

-Katy


Top ten songs for spring cleaning:

1. James Brown - Get Up Offa That Thing

2. Devo - Whip It

3. Bob Seger - Betty Lou's Gettin' Out Tonight

4. The B-52's - Love Shack

5. Dead Eye Dick - New Age Girl

6. Smash Mouth - I'm a Believer

7. The Proclaimers - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)

8. Aretha Franklin - Think

9. The Blues Brothers - Shake Your Tailfeather

10. Yello - Oh Yeah


( http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1577868/top_10_songs_for_spring_cleaning.html)

2 comments:

  1. I am a clothing/shoe hoarder too :( I really, really need to get rid of so much shit. I really love the idea of a shoe rack...I think my ex-boss actually gave me one so I should put that to use....hmmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya i was pretty proud of myself when i built it myself. I felt like such a handy man. You really should, its helped so much. Plus its fun to organize them. I finally got a chance to count everything which was nice to. ha, ha.

    ReplyDelete