Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Trades, trades, trades!

So remember a few posts back I told you guys a little about Empire Vintage?

Well, I went in there the other day to do some trades with Tiffney. I had a mass amount of vintage clothes that didn’t fit me any more because of my weight loss and decided I could use this to my advantage. I took a giant pile of clothes into the store and smacked them down on the counter.

I gave her about 6 items and she gave me 2 dresses a sweater and a pair of fabulous boots. I

wanted to share one of the dresses I got with you guys as well as the boots. I plan on putting the other stuff up as well, I’m just a tad bit

hurried right now and must get ready for work soon.

The boots are from the 1970’s while the dress was from the early, early 1960’s.


the photo was taken by Sophia Singleton.








Wearing: The dress from Empire Vintage

The glasses from Laurel Street Antiques

The shoes are Michael Kors from the Michael Kors store

The belt came from Wet Seal




Isn't the back just great? I love the bit of skin popping out. I also think that backs can be one of the most sexy parts on the body.















I love all my new clothes I got and I cant wait to show the rest to you guys later!

Hope you all are doing well!

-Katy

10 comments:

  1. That is quite the sexy dress. I love your sense of fashion; it is always evolving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD FINDS!!! The boots are so amazing and the dress is so freaking flattering! You def work it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So cute, Katy! What a good way to recycle so others can enjoy your items and you get room for new stuff- everyone wins! Love the dress and the Michael Kors shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dress. You're so cute. You make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Didn't you have some of my outfits in your bartering pile? Find anything for your mom?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katy:

    i was stumbling on the internet and saw this beautiful christian dior dress and thought of you and your website. im sure you've seen it, but in case you havent: i dont know if its your style http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/dior/ho_C.I.53.40.5a-e.htm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katy! Those boots are INCREDIBLE!!! What a great find! They kind of remind me of a pair of Ann Demeulemeester boots from last season.

    I love your blog! You have such a great writing voice! Hope you're well!

    xo,
    Sonia

    http://RunwayHippie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nathaniel- I have seen it before Im pretty sure. its incredible. so stunning.

    Sonia! Ive been reading your blog and love it. congrats about the job at Nylon. I am so very impressed. I hope you are well too! its been a long time.

    ReplyDelete