Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Please Let Me Atone For Getting Drool On The Silk



I was re-watching Atonement the other day and even though this is my third time watching this film, Keira Knightly’s emerald green dress still makes me gasp for air. The dress was made specifically for Keira to wear.
They had to make a few different copies of it because the dress was so delicate. (Or so I hear) The costume designer Jacqueline Durran was nominated for an Academy Award for costume design. They have now made a mass amount of duplicates of this dress because every one went absolutely nuts for it. Although nothing can come close to the lavishness of the original dress. It was the talk of 2007. The fabric just falls off Keira’s lanky body, hugging her in all the right places and elongating the others. This dress is truly stunning. The cut, color and fabric all come together like a dream.







What a truly breath taking color. I really can not get over the fact that the color literally makes my mouth salivate.
I must make something similar before I turn green with envy.

Cecilia Tallis: I love you. I'll wait for you. Come back. Come back to me.

Do you think Keira Knightly is talking about James McAvoy or the dress she had to give up after filming?
You all know my choice.

-Katy



2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this movie but hot damn that dress is breathtaking. Might be worth watching just for the dress...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely the dress! Truly stunning, I have to agree.

    ReplyDelete