Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Old Butter Stains Don't Look Good Without Accessories.


I’m late! I’m late, for a very important date! By date I really mean work.

Where I work we have a very bland work uniform. Black bottoms, white button down shirt and black shoes.

I am not a fan of this uniform at all, although there is a little flexibility here and there. (please excuse the picture with the butter stains on the shirt, haha.)

There are days when I have to rush straight to work from school to get there on time. For those of you who have to wear work uniforms I’m sure you will agree you don’t exactly love wearing them to school.

Well here is my quick fix.

I almost always keep a white button down shirt in my car just in case I get called in at the last minuet or something along those lines. Well sometimes I don’t if my parents have been harassing me about my “filthy car that is a privilege not a right.” Then it is clean with out any clothes in it.

Anyway, when I’m heading to school I will usually slip on a black skirt, the only one I have at the moment is my Euro 60’s one. Instead of wearing just bland black tights I try to always pick some out with a pattern on them of some kind. It just adds extra “umpf.”

I wear a bright colored shirt (usually from American Apparel) and some sort of accessory. Today I wore another American Apparel yellow belt.



When you get to work slip on the work shirt and slap the belt on over it.

WALAH! You now look like you have put a little extra effort in.

It's also always nice to have a little color pop from underneath your dress shirt.

Although try not to dress it up to much, the work place can be very messy and inconvenient to pull out your fine wear.

I had to learn that the hard way.





Come see a movie sometime! Wear something fun!


"Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye."


-Katy

3 comments:

  1. Aw maaan, I wish I had a good background for outfit photos like you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the joys of having a father who thinks hes a profesional. come over when your bck from spring break and ill get out the background a shoot you if you want. im sure my dad would to...but that might make you feel awkward?? haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit, you don't normally see this quality of photo work in a blog. Your Dad does well - of course, he seems to have good subject matter to work with, as well.

    I've come here from Mary Warren's blog. Make sure she's purchased something fru fru at the vintage clothing shop - so she can wear it and show it online.

    ReplyDelete