Monday, February 15, 2010

This Is The Beat That My Heart Skipped When We First Met


So I have fallen head over heals in love... with a purse.

For those of you who hang out with me on a regular basis you are quite familiar with my normal bag.

Some of you have voiced your appreciation for this bag more then other.
Although I do love this bag, oh so very much, I was getting very sick of at LEAST 4 people stopping me on the street every day.
I have been told they thought that it was my baby, dog or they just weren't sure what it was. I have had people stop me on the street and ask to take pictures and hassle me about where to get one. Don't get me wrong, I loved all of this at first but it got old very, very quickly.
So i have been on an active look out for a new bag.

On Sunday my dear friend Lauren and I decided to go hunting for antiques.
She found some adorable old post cards as well as this pipe, that she didn't end up purchasing. Damn though! look how totally distinguished and cool she looks. Its remarkable!
Anyway hunting around at the biggest antique store on Laurel street in San Carlos was a fun time, as always.

Over in the corner, hiding was this magnificent bag that I had to have.
The white leather and old worn copper look so good together. It was unique and stunning with the stone on it.
I am very excited for my future use to come out of this bag. It will also teach me to not carry so much shit around with me, its very small and cant really fit more then a wallet, cell phone and small camera.
That's my advice, if you are one who tends to carry your whole life around in your ginormous bag try getting a smaller one to train yourself. So far it's really helped me.


In the picture I am wearing this cute little jacket from The Buffalo Exchange on Height street in San Francisco. Its a really great place to get money for your old clothes and you for sure can find some great steals there.

The shorts- American Apparel




The tights were gift form my mother. Thanks mom! :)

The shoes from Saks Fifth Avenue in the 60's. They are these beautiful ones that my dear friend Jerry gave me. She tends to give me a lot of her old shoes from back in the day. She knows I will appreciate them.

I am assuming you will be seeing a lot of pictures with this bag in them now so be prepared!
Now I am trying to bag hunt for my mother, any suggestions on a great designer?

You guys are just the cats meows. Talk to you next time!

-Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment