Sunday, February 28, 2010

My Father is to me Like Bunny Yeager Was to Bettie.


So, I have a new direction in life....MODELING!
No, I am totally kidding with you, but that was my job this weekend.

You know when you watch interviews with models and they say how hard it is?
I always shake my head in disgust and think
"oh darling, what a vapid brain you have."
I was so wrong and I take it all back! It is very difficult.
So as some of you know my father Rick seems to
think he is a big deal in the photography world.
I don't know where he got this idea from but non the less, he is very into it. (He, he, I'm just kidding daddy! I am very aware you are an excellent photographer.)
He is in a photography group with a few people and they all decided to rent Paul Grant's studio. (The man who took the pictures in my last entry.)
Instead of getting a model to come and pose for them Rick asked me to sit in and pose while they learned about lighting. The day was long and exhausting. I want to share a few pictures
with you because I thought they turned out really nicely. Keep in mind, I am definitely no model.

So in these pictures I am wearing a 1960's vibrant dress from Held Over on Height in the city that is absolutly fabulous. The jacket is this fantastic rabbit fur coat I got in Santa Cruz about a year and a half ago with my mom and dear friend Shirley. It is heavenly to touch. Think about rolling around in clouds.... that is exactly what its like. I ratted my hair into a beehive because I felt a beehive might get some interesting photos and it looks good with the 60's clothes.
OK, on to my favorite part, THE SHOES! Alright, these are Michael Kors boots marked down from $750 to $190! I couldn't believe it. They are probably my new favorite shoes I own. They bring exquisite to another level.

All of those photos were taken by Rick.


On to the next outfit!








So I think this dress is so much fun. I got it in New York in this tiny little hole in the wall vintage shop. I am so nuts about this dress. I have to admit though, it is quite itchy there for I can not wear it for to long with out getting a rash. Sexy right?
The smoke pictures remind me of an underground night club from the 1960's. They wanted to see what kind of effects they could get with the light on the smoke. Oh what I would give to spend a week of my life in the 60's. It was such a time of self discovery and I lust over the style.
Two of those photos were taken by Paul, the ones with the logo at the bottom.
I had a fantastic time this weekend.
Amazing people, amazing clothes and amazing photos.

I know there are many more pictures on their way from a few of the photographers and I plan on posting those later.

This weekend was such "a gas."
I hope you guys enjoyed taking a look.
Until next time daddy-o!
-Katy

4 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm that coat looks like clouds. Looks so warm and soft. I love dead animal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the one where you're looking off to the left!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dead animal is my favorite thing to wear!

    Ya i do to, its on of my favorites...the one with the other photographer shooting right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. But, Katy, in the 60's what young folks were smoking was not cigarettes!

    ReplyDelete